OAK CREEK NINERS OF THE VILLAGE OF OAK CREEK ASSOCIATION
AMENDED AND RESTATED BYLAWS
ARTICLE 1 – NAME
The name of this Association is the Oakcreek Niners Golf Association, a nonprofit unincorporated association herein after referred to as NINERS.
ARTICLE 2 – OBJECTIVE
The primary objectives of the NINERS shall be to promote interest in golf and good sportsmanship in an environment in which camaraderie can flourish.
ARTICLE 3 – MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
- Membership shall be open to any woman 18 years of age or older who pays greens and cart fees. Guests are welcome as long as they pay golf membership dues or otherwise pay greens and cart fees. If a guest plays more than 3 times, she must become a dues paying member of the NINERS or be ineligible to play on the recognized league play day.
- Acceptance of membership obligates adherence to these Bylaws.
- The fiscal year is January 1 through December 31.
- Annual dues shall be established and may be changed by the Officers. Dues become delinquent on January 15th . A woman joining at any time during the year shall pay the full annual dues. However, a woman joining during the last quarter of any calendar year, shall have her first year’s dues run through the following calendar year. For full golf members of Oakcreek Country Club, annual NINERS dues are included in golf membership.
- Dues are not refundable.
ARTICLE 4 – OFFICERS AND DUTIES
- The officers shall be the President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The Immediate Past President may elect, but is not required, to participate in Officer meetings.
- The duties of the NINERS officers shall be as follows:
- The President shall preside at NINERS meetings and direct the activities of the NINERS. The President shall appoint such others as shall be necessary to conduct NINERS activities and business.
- The Vice President shall assist the President, perform such duties as the President shall direct, and preside at times when the President is unavailable.
- The Secretary shall write minutes of meetings, take responsibility for maintaining minutes of the meetings and perform other duties as directed by the President.
- The Treasurer shall keep all financial records, collect annual dues and shall pay NINERS bills and perform other duties as directed by the President.
ARTICLE 5 – MEETINGS AND ELECTION OF OFFICERS
- There shall be at least one annual meeting called to elect officers no later than December at a date and time determined by the President, provided notice of such meeting is posted in the clubhouse at least one week prior to the meeting. All other meetings shall be held at the discretion of the President or a majority of the Officers, provided an agenda for such meeting shall be posted in the clubhouse at least one week prior to the scheduled meeting. The Secretary shall make reasonable effort to email the agenda to members. At any meeting of the NINERS action shall be taken by the vote of a majority of the membership either in attendance or represented by a proxy signed by the member and delivered to the Secretary prior to the meeting. Minutes of all meetings will be posted in the clubhouse.
- The President shall appoint a nominating committee which shall present at least one candidate for each office at the December annual meeting. Term of office shall be for one year, unless extended by the vote of the membership. Officers shall be elected by the vote of a majority of the membership in attendance at the annual meeting or represented by proxies signed by the member and delivered to the Secretary prior to the meeting. In case of a vacancy or resignation of an officer, a majority of the remaining officers shall choose a replacement. A member may hold more than one office concurrently.
ARTICLE 6 – RULES AND HANDICAP
- Play shall be governed at all times by USGA rules and local rules.
- A permanent handicap will be established after five (5) attested scores played at Oakcreek Country Club. A previously established handicap under the GHIN system may be used as long as it has been maintained.
- Any member in good standing with dues paid and an established handicap is qualified to participate in tournaments. To maintain handicap, a NINER must be registered in the GHIN system for which a $40 fee is due to the Oakcreek Country Club, full memberships exempted.
- Any NINER making a valid hole-in-one during any scheduled Niners game will receive one hundred dollars ($100), payable from the NINERS account. To be considered valid, a hole-in-one must meet the following criteria:
- It must be scored at Oakcreek Country Club when played with and attested to by at least two (2) other players.
- The player must have played all prior holes and continue to play all subsequent holes in the stipulated round according to USGA rules. A stipulated round, in the case of the NINERS, is 9 holes.
ARTICLE 7 – AMENDMENTS OF BYLAWS
These Bylaws may be amended by a simple majority vote of NINERS who are present at any meeting called under the provisions of these Bylaws.
The undersigned Secretary hereby certifies that the foregoing amended and restated Bylaws were duly adopted at the annual meeting on December 17, 2021
Rebecca Rubin, Secretary
December 17, 2021